PDA

View Full Version : Repeated download of voice files...

neilmcloram
03.01.2012, 15:45
The last few times I've started SatNav 2 (iPhone 4S), it's downloading the voice files. Each time they download fully, and install with no problems. However, on quitting and relaunching the app they try to download again. This isn't so bad (well, it is, but I can live with it) at home where I have WIFI, but out and about, sometimes I have no data connection. Because you can't skip this at all, (I don't even want the voice option most of the time), the app is completely unusable. Frustrating to say the least.:mad:

Christin
04.01.2012, 11:18
Do you synchronize your iPhone with iTunes on a regular basis? If that's the case - that's the reason for the repeating redownload of the sound files. Everytime you synch your device, our app gets freshly installed and therefore all previously installed features (voice files, offline maps, additional voices) need be to reinstalled because they cannot be saved in iTunes.

Greetings,
Christin

neilmcloram
05.01.2012, 11:02
Everytime you synch your device, our app gets freshly installed and therefore all previously installed features (voice files, offline maps, additional voices) need be to reinstalled because they cannot be saved in iTunes.

But that means that EVERY time I synch my phone, I have to download over 250Mb of data to it, to get the app to work again? I synch twice a day. That's 3.5 gigabytes of data a week!!!! I can't not synch (and shouldn't have to). This was not clear before I purchased the app, or the UK maps.

Evansrg
06.01.2012, 08:51
I have this same problem and also any maps I've downloaded are deleted. It makes the app unusable which is extremely annoying after paying 7.99 for the world maps. Please can you fix this annoying bug. Stopping syncing is not an option as we need to backup our phones among other things.

gbrettell
31.01.2012, 02:38
Same problem ... it IS very annoying ... otherwise, I like this APP. Can you not find a workaround for this problem???

Christin
01.02.2012, 15:31
@all: How much memory is available on your device? The Team checked this issue again and confirms now that it's rather related to memory capacity of the devices than to our app itself.

Greetings,
Christin