PDA

View Full Version : it just does not work

gorgenyi
23.10.2011, 11:50
so downloaded SatNav 2 for free - cool
bought europe map for 4.99 - cool
dowloaded most countries i need - not so cool, the ui did not tell me i had to click on "reload" in order to get to the maps...
clicking on UK address from iPhone contacts - just doesn't work, app doesn't do anything at all, I can keep clicking as many times as I'd like, nothing happens
clicking on EU address (Hungary to be specific) app goes and tries to work out the route and then... nothing happens, 0%, until the end of times, it then crashes when I tried to switch away / back to ap.

Overall, I have wasted £5 and about 3 hours so far trying.

Totally useless.

Any comments from admins / skobbler staff?

I assumed if it's German, it will just work!

ukp
26.10.2011, 16:12
Me too...!!
Reporting from Canada, Quebec - bad navigation. Had me take a roundabout route, I felt map quest app which is free is better!

Christin
01.11.2011, 15:05
The navigation to contacts does not work properly at the moment when you are in offline search mode. However, we are already working on the next updates and will address and fix this issue asap because we know this is important to have it work. Sorry for the hassle in the meantime!

Greetings,
Christin

Veronica
11.11.2011, 22:27
I live in Ireland and get a blank screen! What happened to Skobbler lite it was brilliant but now I cant get it

janarenb
13.11.2011, 23:33
I bought Europe and tried to download Belgium Spain France and Germany. Downloading went fine. While installing I got a crash. Several times.

Jan Arend

Christin
15.11.2011, 12:06
@Veronica: Issue solved by email, right? (skobbler Lite is no longer available in Ireland + UK)

@Jan Arend: Please read further details here: http://forum.skobbler.com/showthread.php?1616-What-can-I-do-if-the-app-crashes-during-installation. Please make sure that you have enough memory on your device and your internet connection (wi-fi) is constantly "on" during download.

Greetings,
Christin

kućni ljubimci
09.12.2011, 19:26
so downloaded SatNav 2 for free - cool
bought europe map for 4.99 - cool
dowloaded most countries i need - not so cool, the ui did not tell me i had to click on "reload" in order to get to the maps...
clicking on UK address from iPhone contacts - just doesn't work, app doesn't do anything at all, I can keep clicking as many times as I'd like, nothing happens
clicking on EU address (Hungary to be specific) app goes and tries to work out the route and then... nothing happens, 0%, until the end of times, it then crashes when I tried to switch away / back to ap.

Overall, I have wasted £5 and about 3 hours so far trying.

Totally useless.

Any comments from admins / skobbler staff?

I assumed if it's German, it will just work!I have the same problem :)

Macquid
14.12.2011, 00:20
Been using Skobbler since three weeks to my GREATEST satisfaction... WONDERFUL!

Saw that this thread started and ended on a very negative note... apparently concerning the Skobbler version from over a year ago. So I just wanted to add that - from my experience - any problems that earlier versions appear to have had clearly have been resolved, including that there's no need to be online now when navigating. The app I downloaded for my iPhone cost me Swiss francs 4.00 (+/- $4.50); it came bundled with offline maps for Switzerland, Germany and Austria... and, for an additional Swiss francs 8.00, I upgraded to offline maps for ALL of Europe.

janramage
05.09.2012, 08:07
I have had mixed results. It worked fine twice, failed twice, and today a destination search on a restaurant at Kasernhjöden - a suburb in my current local town in Sweden - insisted on giving me a map of Germany - with no match on the address to justify it - just somewhere on a road named L1129 ... it still can't find it in an address search, but it can locate it if I do a route search :confused:
Also - is there some reason that I am unable to find somewhere to input a postcode when typing in an address or is the postcode just supposed to go on a line with the town ... seems odd to have no postcode input ?
Aah - one more thing - tried to look up reported bugs on the app having registered on the site but couldn't - seems my login has to be authorised somewhere ( by you ?) to work on the app.
I am still going to keep trying in the hope that these things can be resolved.

Christin
05.09.2012, 09:40
@janramage:
- Please restart (= reboot) your device to give the GPS receiver a fresh start. If GPS reception is poor, the app locates you in Germany by default.
- Postcode search is not available in offline search mode but in online and hybrid mode. You can check your mode here: Navigation --> Settings --> Mode.
- Note that for the login at our app, you need to be registered at our website and use those credentials (user name and password), not the ones from this Forum here.

Hope this helps.

Greetings
Christin

janramage
05.09.2012, 10:19
Thanks for the clarification Christin: it was helpful. My mode is hybrid and if I enter a postcode for a landmark near me in the (apparently) free text search field it is successful. I had actually expected to see a designated postcode search field, but the free-text search works. I imagine the free-text is used because so many different postcode formats exist. I also see that GPS from my home address is very poor so I guess it only finds something by postcode when able to auto-switch to offline (in hybrid mode) where I have the downloaded maps. Thanks for your prompt reply :)