PDA

View Full Version : Run time error

RustySailor
20.10.2011, 14:04
After the first instruction on a route the system and one updated position it does not update the current position. All menus are still available. If the navigation is ended and restarted the route knows the new location and shows a reduced distance to the destination. Again no update of the location once the first instruction has been received.

My iPhone settings has 'location services On'

Christin
25.10.2011, 13:19
Which iPhone do you have and which firmware (iOS) is currently installed?

RustySailor
25.10.2011, 15:07
Which iPhone do you have and which firmware (iOS) is currently installed?

iPhone 3 running Software version 4.2.1 [according to iTunes] - I have tried to update to iOS 5 but my phone is too old..:-(

Christin
26.10.2011, 14:32
Yes, iPhone 3 is no longer supported by the new iOS software. After the route was calculated, did you move your car? iPhone 3G's GPS receiver needs to be literally moved in order to work.

Can you please check if Google Maps works properly: Does it show your position to the point where you stand or does it only show your position roughly (+/- 100 meters)?

Greetings,
Christin

RustySailor
11.11.2011, 17:49
Sometimes the actual location is shown and sometimes not.

I have noted that if I disable iTunes, i.e. pause the song playing then re-start the navigation app the route is generated, the disclaimer is displayed and then the navigation starts if the vehicle is moving. With iPlayer playing I cannot get the navigation to start.

Christin
15.11.2011, 12:17
I'll have the Team check on that.

Greetings,
Christin