PDA

View Full Version : International Journey

Martin.Stevens
18.10.2011, 22:36
IPhone 4, IOS5
Having down loaded Europe mapping, and switched to off line maps I am trying to route from Edinburgh to Dusseldorf...... having input addresses the 'Loading......' stays at the bottom of the screen for about 2 minutes, then races up to 100%, returns me to the map, but no route is shown......... the little daisy petal thing (I guess equivalent of an hour-glass) spins, but no route......? I haven't even got to the part where it will try and send me down to Dover, and I want get the ferry from Newcastle to Amsterdam, but one step at a time......

Also, can you input addresses on the computer and plan a route before downloading to device - might be nice.

Christin
19.10.2011, 14:45
You will have to split your route because the GPS Navi 2 cannot calculate the route across water/the sea. :) Therefore, have the route displayed until Dover and then - once on the Continent - further on from Calais (or whereever you you arrive) to Duesseldorf. Make sure you installed all maps needed for country-crossing navigation.

Sorry, loading routes from the computer is not possible.

Greetings,
Christin

Martin.Stevens
19.10.2011, 15:39
OK, Fair enough, but presumably you could look to integrate ferry service routing at very least (if not actual times and schedules).....?

Christin
19.10.2011, 15:46
Our Development Team is already aware of that issue and they'll look into it to check how to improve this workflow with one of the next updates.

Greetings,
Christin