PDA

View Full Version : choice between GPS 2 and ForeverMap

cata123
16.10.2011, 17:35
What is the difference between GPS2 and ForeverMap ?
For GPS2 I have to buy maps, for europe( to get rid of net traffic ) approx 7 euro , ForeverMap which cost approx 1.5 euro allowed to install for free european maps .
Is any difference in functionality ?
Thank you

Christin
17.10.2011, 16:11
Yes, there is indeed a difference in functionality. ForeverMap is not a navigation software. It provides offline map data and calculates routes but there is no voice and no turn-by-turn. So depending on what you need (either digital maps or a full navigation solution) you will have to choose between both products.

Greetings,
Christin

cata123
17.10.2011, 19:17
Yes, there is indeed a difference in functionality. ForeverMap is not a navigation software. It provides offline map data and calculates routes but there is no voice and no turn-by-turn. So depending on what you need (either digital maps or a full navigation solution) you will have to choose between both products.

Greetings,
Christin

thank you for your answer
so my choice is GPS 2 and I will buy european maps .
But I have to ask, how often updates are available for downloaded maps ?
And, if there is any chance to swap from downloaded maps to online maps, for a real time searching ..when I need this !
P.S I like this software for easy of use , and because not crowded screen with unnecessary information

cata123
17.10.2011, 19:23
Thank you for your answer
So I will stay with GPS 2 and european map
I have to ask if there is any chance to swap between downloaded maps and online maps for real time searching..when I need this ! And, how often this downloaded maps will be upgraded?
P.S I like your software, it did not crowd the screen with unnecessary information , just show you the road to destination !

Christin
18.10.2011, 14:54
Sure you can swap between both modes. Start the app, go to "Navigation" --> "Settings" and "Search Mode". Choose "Hybrid" and both (online and offline search) will be used for the navigation.
The downloaded maps will be updated every couple of weeks. :)

Greetings,
Christin