PDA

View Full Version : How to install maps for nav in Iphone 4 ?

subway21
29.04.2011, 14:58
I have downloaded the maps via http://www.skobbler.co.uk/forevermap
but how do I get them in my Iphone ?

In I tunes I cannot find a directory whilst om my Iphone a menu item says that Itunes could be a source for maps.

Christin
02.05.2011, 15:00
After having bought our ForeverMap, you can either download the maps by phone directly or - should this not work - download them from our website and synchronize them as follows:

1. Start iTunes
2. Connect your iPhone to the computer
3. Go to your iPhone and then to "Synchronize apps"
4. Scroll down to the bottom, there should be something like "Data release - with the Apps mentioned below you can exchange documents with your iPhone and computer"
5. ForeverMap should appear --> click on it and next to that, go to "insert"/"implement"
6. Then please indicate the data path where you saved the maps
7. Start the synchronizing process
8. Validate the installation on your iPhone (press "OK")
9. Depending on the size of the maps, it might take a while until the synch process is finished. After that, all maps will be on your iPhone.

If you use a mac book for the synch process, please make sure that in Safari --> Seetings --> "Open secure data after loading" (or similar) is not chosen. If you use a Windows computer, please do not unzip the data package downloaded.

Best regards,
Christin

subway21
02.05.2011, 20:08
Hello ! Perfect solution, works like a charm. Thanks!

Gute Solution, arbeitet super, vielen dank.

oliveiz
05.05.2011, 19:24
Hello,

I am from US I tried to do what you suggested but:

I download a map from http://www.skobbler.net/forevermap

The map from Norway, but it is a .zip file and it didn't work when I download it to I tunes.

How can I use these download maps that is .zip files?

After having bought our ForeverMap, you can either download the maps by phone directly or - should this not work - download them from our website and synchronize them as follows:

1. Start iTunes
4. Scroll down to the bottom, there should be something like "Data release - with the Apps mentioned below you can exchange documents with your iPhone and computer"
5. ForeverMap should appear --> click on it and next to that, go to "insert"/"implement"
9. Depending on the size of the maps, it might take a while until the synch process is finished. After that, all maps will be on your iPhone.

If you use a mac book for the synch process, please make sure that in Safari --> Seetings --> "Open secure data after loading" (or similar) is not chosen. If you use a Windows computer, please do not unzip the data package downloaded.

Best regards,
Christin

Christin
10.05.2011, 13:32
@oliveiz:
If you bought our ForeverMap in the US iTunes Store, you will only be able to download the US state maps, but not European countries. There is a separate European version of ForeverMap though, available for example in the German iTunes Store. We intend to release both versions in all markets this summer so that people from the US can download the European maps and vice versa without difficulty in the future.

Best regards,
Christin

moffatt
29.11.2011, 22:00
Hi guys, trying to get all my offline maps onto my phone, all downloaded in zip files, tried the above but could not find anything.

Help please, i have a Iphone 4 with OS5 on it.
i live in germany but travel to the UK a lot so i need it to work without internet connection

Thanks John

Christin
01.12.2011, 16:32
@moffat: Don't un-zip the zip files as it otherwise won't work. You don't mean to use the ForeverMap maps as navigation system, do you? They are available offline only.

What did you try exactly? Where is the problem (which step)? Did you try to download the maps from ForeverMap directly to your device? This is quicker than the above method, you'll only need wi-fi for that.

Greetings,
Christin

elizabeth
06.12.2011, 16:36
I have just downloaded a map of the Bahamas how do i view it from the UK? E

Christin
08.12.2011, 17:48
@Elizabeth: Your question was about the GPS Navi 2, not ForeverMap - we already emailed, right?

Greetings,
Christin

ragnhild
25.07.2012, 14:53
Hi, can I get an information booklet/user guide for GPS Nav 2? I have an iPhone 3G. Thanks, Ragnhild

Marcus
26.07.2012, 19:14
@ragnhild:
Sorry, but there's no information booklet. The help within the app (under "Share/Help") is rather elaborate though. Any particular questions?

FanaticWS
18.11.2012, 18:36
Well this could be quite usefull solution, only problem is skobler is not not listed for exchanging of documents. Whatz up with that? How can I get it listed there so I could load my purchased maps?

1. Start iTunes

Best regards,
Christin