PDA

View Full Version : A Plea to Sell ForeverMap Europe in U.S. Apple Store

Bill_Iverson
02.04.2011, 16:15
There should be a strong market for ForeverMap Europe in the United States, and trying to buy it from a European app store (UK, Germany, etc.) isn't a viable option for many people. As for the demand, I -- and I think many other people -- have a greater need for Forever Map Europe (read, willing to pay more) than for Forever Map U.S. With unlimited data in the U.S., there are lots of good inexpensive online map/navigation sources. But with data feeds prohibitively expensive in Europe for Americans (at least where no wi-fi is available), ForeverMap fills a real need. As for buying from a foreign app store, I've spent a fair amount of time trying to do that. But every app store rejects my American credit card. And in any event, I do not particularly want to purchase through a separate Apple account (which would be required even if I had a Euro credit card), given the complexity of Apple's digital rights management rules.

Christin
05.04.2011, 13:09
Our Board currently discusses the possibility of the FM Europe release in the US. Of course - Apple should be less restrictive in some points, especially when it comes to buying apps from other stores. I tried it myself - it is nearly impossible to register in a different country/outside Europe.
We'll keep you updated should the release be approved of!

Best regards,
Christin

belaveg
21.04.2011, 11:42
Please add me to the baffled thousands who don't understand why you can't just release both the European version and the American version in both stores. what gives?!?! I don't care how much you charge for it, feel free to shaft in the backside the European purchasers (myself included) by the customary 2x "Europe tax". I'd happily pay the extra for the US version of the app.

Christin
28.04.2011, 10:42
The decision has been made: The European version will be available in the U.S. iTunes Store this summer, and vice versa. :)

Best regards,
Christin

gtf2000
08.07.2011, 17:48
For Europeans the USA-maps could be available in summer. It's summer no, are there more details yet ?
I want to install maps from Canada before we start our cycling tour in the mid of August.

Christin
14.07.2011, 10:42
Sorry, no further details on the release yet. We are still working on our app updates which tie up all our capacities.

Greetings,
Christin

hotwater9
20.07.2011, 05:45
Please add me to the baffled thousands who don't understand why you can't just release both the European version and the American version in both stores. what gives?!?! I don't care how much you charge for it, feel free to shaft in the backside the European purchasers (myself included) by the customary 2x "Europe tax". I'd happily pay the extra for the US version of the app.

I also live in the USA and want to buy the Europe map. I am going on a two week vacation and need some type of offline map solution (for my iphone). When I am at home in the states I have no need for your US offerings because I have unlimited 3G access to google maps. When traveling in Europe, I will have no Internet access other than wifi and will not be able to access google maps and therefore need an offline solution. It baffles me that you are not offering every version in every app store. I would pay $50 if it the Europe map was available. I really think you are missing a big sales opportunity.

hasielly
28.10.2011, 00:09
Is is possible to download the Europe APP for ForeverMap Europe.
I went into the Apple store App site and it would only give me the North American app.

Christin
01.11.2011, 15:11
Sorry, still in discussion process.

One hint, though: Our GPS Navigation 2 is available now in the US iTunes Store and you can use it for proper online and offline navigation. Through in-app purchases you can get the European map package, install the countries needed to your device and use them offline while travelling. Further details can be read in our FAQs http://forum.skobbler.com/forumdisplay.php?46-FAQ.

Greetings,
Christin